It’s hardly ever a bad idea to seek out advice especially on a project with the expense of concrete foundation repair.
In most cases for a few hundred dollars you can hire an independent professional structural engineer to inspect your foundation and recommend a method of repair that’s best for you.
You should look for a professional licensed individual or engineering firm that provides the following:
- A thorough inspection of the inside and outside of your home for foundation related issues.
- Inspection of the crawlspace, if you have a pier & beam home.
- A foundation elevation survey performed and evaluated by a licensed professional engineer.
- A drawing of the home floor plan including site information and interior foundation elevation measurements.
- An engineer’s written report with recommendations and a repair plan if needed.
National Council of Structural Engineers Associations.